Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Warm Water, Brunner's Island, Susquehanna River 2/02/10

Snow was falling, a chill in the air, and a couple of hours to check out the river. The river was back in it's banks. Actually a nice level for fishing the Brunner's Island area. The water was murky, but not muddy. Around 2:00pm I made my first cast. With the limited time I had, I kept moving back and forth between a couple of my favorite spots. Thought for sure I'd get something from the brush line in the water, but no luck. Finally did get that first fish of 2010. A little smallmouth down current of a boulder close to shore. Time was getting short so I headed back to the truck with a smile on my face.

Since cresting just above flood stage six days ago the Susquehanna has dropped almost 12 feet.
Needs to drop a little more to be able to safely wade out a little further. I was able to get out 15-20ft then cast back into the brush area's along the bank. Hope to give it another try next week if the weather cooperates.