Monday, March 8, 2010

Warm Water, Brunner's Island, Susquehanna River 3/08/10

So glad February is behind us. Over a month with out getting the line wet. Sun was shining, calm winds, the promise of a great day. Got in the water around 7:30, and fish were splashing all around. Noticed right away what looked like mayflies. Not a lot, but sure was a hatch going on. After over an hour of no action I went back to the truck and got the fly rod. Muddler's minnows are what I saw my grandfather catch many fish on. (I'm not an avid fly angler, just starting to use as an alternate when conditions warrant.) So gave that a try, shortly after getting back in the water the wind decided to pick up a little. May as well have kept the spinning outfit, could not coax a hit with the fly rod either. (wishing I had a mayfly imitation in the vest) So I got out the catfish bait and tried that. Nada.... Well it was a beautiful day, as more and more anglers lined the river, and boats floated by. I didn't see a fish caught, although one boat did say they had a "couple of little ones"

Enjoyed the fishing after that snowy month of February, but wished I could have coaxed a few fish.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment