Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Susquehanna Warm Water 1/18/10


Nice break in the weather for January. Was somewhat concerned after the steady rain the day before. Packed up the truck and headed for Brunner's Island around 10:00am. Found my usual spot unoccupied, just two fishermen using minnows below me. Water was not very high, but was stained due to the rain, and found lots of debris in the water. Water temp seemed good, there were a few active fish around, but did not see anything caught. Guys using live bait left not too long after I arrived, a few others came up from below, also left. A few came in north of me. Gave all the usual artificials a try, and after 2 hours decided to call it a day. Hit all levels bottom to top, with nothing taking today. Should have brought the catfish bait!! Lots of decaying leaves in the water, and I helped clean out three small branches. Was neat watching the ice floating down the middle of the river.
Checked the river gage on-line the next day.
was between 36.5 -37 ft and rising. Seems to have leveled off and dropping now. If the water cleans up some should be ideal conditions next few days.......... I owe I owe it's off to work I go........


No comments:

Post a Comment